Taking care of your skin is the key to achieving a face and neck free of impurities and expression lines. For this reason, nowadays more and more skincare and beauty products are launched to satisfy this desire for perfect skin. This is the case of with facial toner.
Facial toners, as well as being an excellent ally in beauty and skincare routines, are one of the products that provide the most benefits to the skin, in addition to adapting to any type of skin type whether you have dry, sensitive, normal, oily, etc ...
Do you want to include this skincare product in your skincare routine but you are not really sure what toner does or how is best to apply it? We will tell you what toner is, the best way to use it, its benefits for the skin and why toner is essential in your hair and beauty routine.
What is it and what does facial toner do?
Facial toners are the best skincare product for your face and help to keep the skin smooth, clean and looking at its best, it does everything necessary to make your skin look bright and healthy no matter if it is dry, sensitive, oil prone or you have enlarged pores. On the other hand, it can be for different purposes depending on the type you choose. There are many different water based toners for cleansing, moisturising or exfoliating. We will give you some information to help choose which is the best type of toner for you.
The function of the facial toner is simple but complex: thanks to its formula it is able to balance the pH of your skin after it has been cleansed. In addition to this, toner is, par excellence, the ideal product to prepare skin before receiving any other treatment or before putting makeup on .
It also helps to keep the face fresh, hydrated and clean. if a toner includes specific ingredients to treat skin conditions like acne, it can also tighten pores to minimise the appearance of impurities caused by greasy skin and oil.
How is facial toner applied?
The correct application of the tonic on the skin of the face is essential to having a healthy complexion. Let us tell you how to apply toner following a few simple steps:
- Clean your face with a neutral soap or with the help of micellar water to remove makeup and dirt.
- Once your facial cleansing is finished, proceed to moisten a cotton pad with toner.
- Wipe the cotton pad all over the skin of your face and neck with small taps.
- Wait a few seconds for your skin to absorb the toner and then finish your facial care routine by applying the post treatment you want.
Other benefits of toners
Including this product in your beauty routine will give your skin a vitality that can rarely be achieved with cosmetics. Here are some of the benefits of using a facial toner in your daily skincare routine:
- Toners provide freshness thanks to it being water based with a light formula.
- It helps prepare the skin to receive other facial treatments, such as masks, serum or a moisturiser.
- You can easily find a toner adapted to your skin type ,as it is manufactured for sensitive, dry, oily or normal skin. In fact, for greasy skin you can find toners with salicylic acid, an ingredient that helps eliminate and prevent the appearance of impurities on the skin.
- One of its greatest properties is that it balances the pH of the skin after being subjected to aggressive procedures, such as a facial cleansing.
- Helps to tone the skin thanks to its tightening effect.
- It is used to rehydrate the skin after applying makeup.
- Helps close open pores thanks to its moisturising and purifying properties. Also, as a plus, if you store this product in a cool place like your fridge, the effect will be much more visible.
- It is an excellent ally to achieve complete facial hygiene, since when applied to the face it finishes removing the last traces of dirt and makeup that may not have been removed with the previous cleaning or other products such as micellar water.
Here you have the full list of benefits of using facial toner in your beauty routine. If you choose one that adapts well to the needs of your skin, you will notice a flattering change very quickly. Your face and neck will look healthier than ever!